Infant Oral Care: Start Early & Stop Cavities
Infant Oral Care Is Just A Call Away
- Early cavity detection
- Healthier smiles
- Offer your child effective support
- Properly care for your child’s teeth
- Stop dental issues while they’re small.
Cavities are a big problem among kids. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 20% or 1 in 5 children have at least one untreated decayed tooth.
But it’s not all doom and gloom. By practicing effective oral hygiene and taking your child to biannual professional cleanings at their pediatric dentist, cavities can be stopped. Fluoride treatment, for example, can prevent one-third of cavities that appear in baby teeth. And sealants placed on the chewing surfaces of molars (back teeth) cut down caries by a staggering 80%.
Ways To Provide Infant Oral Care
There are things you can do – right now – to help prepare your child’s smile for optimum health and longevity. They include:
- Gently wipe gums twice a day with a clean cloth. Do this after their morning feeding and before bed to remove cavity-causing sugars and bacteria.
- Once teeth first appear, begin brushing them two times per day with a small-bristled brush and water.
- When your child gets close to their first birthday, book them in for their first appointment with our pediatric dentist in London. We have the expertise and training to spot the early signs of dental issues.
- Ask us about putting fluoride varnish on your child’s teeth and whether it’s right for them. Don’t proceed until you’ve had a conversation with us!
Interested in learning more about infant oral care? Give us a call. We’re experts in this area and will be able to answer any questions you have.
So, let’s work together to keep your child’s baby teeth healthy. Not only are they instrumental when it comes to your child’s speech development and eating ability, but they also help pave the way for permanent teeth.